Do y’all like to sew? I sewed more in my younger years than I do now. My poor sewing machine hasn’t been out of the box in over a decade. Can I be honest? I don’t miss it. Not that I ever sewed that much to begin with, but I did occasionally hem something when needed. About a year ago I was introduced to a little something called fabric tape. Friends, this was a game changer. Let me show you why with these DIY no sew pillows with tea towels from the target dollar spot.
I used to sit next to my mother as a a child and watch her sew. When I was about 10, my grandfather took me to the fabric store and told me to pick out my favorite fabric because he was going to teach me how to make a dress! We did make a dress ( I can’t say I loved it, but I helped make it at least) and I learned A LOT about a sewing machine. Don’t get me wrong, It’s very handy to own a sewing machine and I have a few sewing skills, but to be honest, I still don’t enjoy it.
I get frustrated threading the bobbin. The sewing machine always gets jammed up on me. I can’t seem to get started on a project because I can’t get the thing to work! I know this is sounding more like an operator error or maybe I’m just too impatient, but geez!🤦🏻♀️
Where am I going with this story?
Like I said, about a year ago I was introduced to a little thing called fabric tape which wiped away all my sewing woes! I started making my own DIY no sew pillows, altering clothes, using it to help keep a duvet cover in place, and enjoying my new skill of “fake sewing!” I even used fabric tape and a shower curtain to create a no sew Roman Shade Valence. Did I mention that fabric tape is machine washable? YESSSSSS!
Recently I even rounded up a post with a beginner’s guide to no sew project.
So now let me introduce you to those two little pillows on the bench that were made from two target dollar spot tea towels, fabric tape and a little fiber fill. I love that I can DIY things from fabric and actually enjoy it!
DIY no sew pillow video:
I hope this video was clear and concise and you feel like you could create these pillows now too! My goal is always to create easy DIY’s and crafts. Let me know if you have any questions.
For those that want a written tutorial…here ya go!
Supplies for the DIY pillows:
- 2 Tea towels or 2 pieces of fabric
- fabric tape (hindsight I would suggest the Stitch witchery and not fabric tape due to the fact that fabric tape is very sticky when exposed)
- measuring tape
Note: the reason I said “hindsight I would suggest using stitch witchery” is due to the fact that fabric tape is very sticky when exposed. What I mean is that as you fill the pillow with fiberfill, the “seams,” or the fabric tape, might become exposed and will be sticky. The stitch witchery should not be as sticky when exposed.
How to make no sew pillows:
- Lay 2 tea towels (or 2 pieces of fabric) face down
- Apply fabric tape (or stitch witchery, see note above) to 3 sides of one of the pieces of fabric
- Place the other piece of fabric on top of the piece with the no sew tape, inside out
- Iron your tape if needed or press firmly if you are using fabric tape
- Flip your pillow cover inside out
- Smooth everything out and make sure all the edges are taped really well
- Stuff as much fiberfill in the pillow as you want
- Fold over the fabric of the open side of the pillow and apply fabric tape or stitch witchery to it
- Press the two folded over fabric pieces together to create the “seam” on the last side of the pillow
- Enjoy your no sew DIY pillow!
If y’all enjoyed this post I would love for you to Pin the image below to Pinterest so you can save it for later.
Talk to you soon friends!