I used to hear the term “no sew” and think it still required a lot of work. Just because you weren’t using a sewing machine didn’t mean the project would be easy, right? NOT. Let me share one of my favorite crafting items right now; fabric tape! No joke, this little project only requires fabric tape, fabric and scissors. We got this y’all. Let me share how I created my owns easy DIY no sew pillow cover from a tablecloth and how you can too.
I’ve been on a fabric tape kick lately. I just finished a post about how to secure a duvet cover using fabric tape. During that project I had a grand idea for creating my own pillow covers…you can probably guess how.
Back to the post at hand…
I know there are a gazillion tutorials on how to create your own no sew pillow cover, but selfishly I think mine is the easiest. 🙂
Why, you ask? Because most of the tutorials require two cuts where this tutorial only requires one big piece of material.
Disclosure; this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect the price you pay. This disclosure statement refers to the rest of the amazon links and other affiliate links in this post.
Video tutorial on how to make your own no sew pillow cover
Let’s recap what I did in the video.
- fabric tape
- fabric of your choice (I used an old table cloth for this project)
- measuring tape
How to create a no sew pillow cover
- Measure your pillow.
- Multiply the width of pillow times 2 and then add 7 inches.
- Add 2 inches to the sides.
- This will be the dimensions of the fabric for the pillow cover. So if you have a 16 by 16 pillow, you will need to cut 40″ by 18″.
- Cut your fabric to the above dimensions
- Lay the fabric face down (the inside of the pillow cover should be face up) and add a strip of fabric tape all around the fabric.
- Fold the fabric over the fabric tape so you now have a “nice edge” or seam around the entire pillow cover
- Lay your pillow on the outer edge of the fabric
- Cover the pillow with the fabric until the pillow is completely covered with the new fabric
- Tape the edges of the new fabric (you might need to take the pillow out for this) with your fabric tape
- Now you should have what resembles a cloth bag
- Stick your pillow inside the new fabric pillow cover
- This is where you can do one of two things; 1) you can lay the flap over the top of the pillow and call it done! or 2) you can tuck the extra flap inside the opening of the fabric and create an “envelope pillow case.”
- Enjoy your DIY no sew pillow cover
Below is the pillow cover with the extra piece of fabric laying over the top of the pillow.
Pictured below is the “envelope pillow cover.”
What do y’all think of my repurposed table cloth turned pillow cover?
You know my motto: if I can do this you can too!
I hope this post has been an inspiration for you to repurpose an old piece of fabric into a beautiful new NO sew pillow cover!