Learn how to make a simple DIY Christmas ornament from a Dollar Tree gum ball machine.
Y’all know I love to find a good craft idea from the dollar tree. It’s almost a game to me to find something to repurpose as I walk through the store. Oh the possibilities of crafts with items that only cost one dollar! Today I’m sharing one of those ideas that hit me as I strolled through the dollar tree. It involves an easy ornament from a dollar tree gum ball machine!
I’m all about creating memories for holiday season with easy and fun crafts the entire family can do.
Speaking of fun crafts, I recently created a DIY snow globe from a mason jar. My kids had a ball creating their own.
Let’s get back to creating our own dollar store craft with a gum ball machine I found for one dollar!
I snagged the last red one!
How to make an ornament from a Dollar Tree Gum Ball Machine
- The first thing I did was take it apart so I could spray paint it white. Red would have looked good too, but I was going for a more neutral look.
- After it was spray painted white it was time to add the fun stuff.
- I used a hot glue gun, cotton balls, and an old tree we had from our snow village.
- Glue the cotton ball on the inside base of the gum ball machine
- Glue the tree (or any festive item) to the inside above the cotton ball
- Add a hole to the top of the globe and add wire so it will hang like an ornament
- Add glitter inside the globe if desired (this was my 3 year old daughters idea)
- Place the globe over the base and viola!
DIY ornament from a Dollar Tree gum ball machine
With a little creativity, the craft ideas from dollar stores are endless! One day I plan to write a blog post (or maybe a series) on craft ideas from repurposed items. Would you enjoy that? Let me know in the comments if you would.
If you enjoyed this post I would love for you to Pin either of the images below to Pinterest.
Now it’s time to share a few other very talented bloggers ornament transformations from the dollar store! Click on their blogs to check out their crafty DIY Ornaments too!