I tested five different All In One paint products and found that these brands offered the best results, as they provided excellent coverage, durability, and ease of application.
All in One Paints! Are they worth the hype? This type of paint has gained popularity in recent years. So what are the best products on the market today for your paint project? Let me show you with a few paint reviews.
Table of Contents
What is an All In One Paint?
All-in-one paint combines the primer, paint, and topcoat into one product, making it a convenient option for those who want to complete their painting project quickly and efficiently. This type of paint is also ideal for those who are new to painting or those who want to avoid the hassle of multiple paint products.
How do you choose the best one? You want to choose a paint that will provide excellent coverage and last for a long time. Also, you want to make sure that the paint comes in a variety of colors to match your preferences and decor. Most of these paint products have their own pre-mixed colors so make sure to pick a product with a paint color that you want.
I’ve personally tested and used most of these paints and I’ve identified the top options that provide excellent coverage, durability, and color options. I’m hoping this list will help you choose the best all-in-one paint for your next painting project.
Disclosure; this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect the price you pay. This disclosure statement refers to the rest of the Amazon links in this post. See more on my disclosure page.
By the way, I’ve also shared a post about the best Paint and Primer in One products. Yes they are very similar but not entirely.
Best All In One Paints
These paints not only offer excellent coverage but also come with additional benefits like primer and sealant, saving you time and money. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the list of the best all in one paints available on Amazon.
Country Chic is a go to paint for many furniture painters and DIYers. If you are looking for a paint that has a matte finish, this is it! This is essentially a water-based chalk paint product with primer and top coat built in. This paint is good for indoor and even outdoor projects too.
- The built-in primer and top coat make painting almost any surface a breeze, with little to no prep work required.
- The chalky matte finish is easy to distress if desired, yet very durable and self-leveling for a flawlessly smooth finish that doesn’t show brush strokes.
- The paint is eco-friendly and safe, with no harsh chemicals such as phthalates, formaldehyde, heavy metals, or solvents.
- Fifty (50) beautiful low luster matte sheen colors to choose from – light colors to dark colors they have an array of tons of hues
- The 4-ounce container may not be enough for larger projects.
- The paint may require a second coat for darker colors.
- Some users may prefer a glossier finish.
The dry time is quick, within 30 minutes, and is easy to distress with sandpaper to create a shabby-chic effect. The paint also blends well with other colors in the Country Chic Paint line, making it easy to create custom shades.
I highly recommend the Heirloom Traditions Paint for anyone looking for a durable paint solution that requires no sanding, priming, or top coat. It comes in 44 different colors and I can personally say that this all in one paint is worth it.
- The low luster, velvet sheen finish is perfect for interior and exterior surfaces, including walls, doors, cabinets, counters, furniture, metal, glass, ceramics, and floor and wall tile.
- The paint is durable yet stretches to paint smooth fabrics, vinyl, and leather.
- The 32-ounce bottle is enough to paint your whole house.
- This is a non toxic water-based paint.
- Some users reported that the paint requires multiple coats for full coverage.
- The price may be a bit high for some users.
I recently used Heirloom Traditions paint to refinish my bedroom dressers and I was impressed with how easy it was to use. The built-in primer and top coat saved me a lot of time, and the paint dried quickly between coats. The low luster, velvet sheen finish gave my cabinets a professional look, and the paint was durable enough to withstand daily wear and tear. Heirloom traditions makes some of the best paints if you are looking for a great all in one product.
If you want to avoid hours of sanding before painting your cabinets, then Beyond Paint All-in-One Refinishing Paint is a good option. It is a self-leveling water based acrylic paint formula that leaves no roller marks for a slightly textured matte finish. You will notice on the first coat that it is a thicker consistency than regular paint and it comes in 24 colors. You can use this product in a paint sprayer as long as you use a wider nozzle to spray it with.
- Minimal preparation required: No stripping, no priming, no sanding, no need to remove cabinet doors; paint vertical surfaces with ease
- Quick drying low-VOC formula: Safe for indoor and outdoor use on wood, metal, plastic, laminate, formica, glazed tile, fabric, RV substrates, previously painted surfaces, virtually any surface – resulting in a weatherproof, scrubbable, durable finish for a washable surface.
- All-surface uniquely formulated paint solution: Easily refinish furniture, cabinets, countertops, doors, trim, floors and more
- Thick coats may appear cloudy, especially on top of dark colors – the sealer will dry clear
- White does require several extra coats over dark colors
- According to reviews, the color isn’t always what the buyer had hoped
- One of the most expensive all in one products on the market
Overall, Beyond Paint is a good option for anyone who wants to refinish their cabinets without spending a lot of time and effort. The paint is safe to use indoors and outdoors, and it can be used on various surfaces. Just make sure to apply thin coats and remove excess sealer off the roller prior to painting.
This is a must-have in any DIY supplies or craft kit. Krylon Fusion Spray Paint is an all-purpose spray paint that delivers best in class adhesion, durability, and rust protection compared to traditional paint. It bonds to difficult surfaces without sanding or priming, including wood, metal, wicker, plastic, glass, plaster/ceramic, PVC, hard vinyl, tile, wrought iron, masonry, and laminate. This is a great paint for outdoor furniture. It offers maximum rust protection, dries to the touch in 20 minutes or less, and is dry to handle in 1 hour which also makes it an amazing paint product.
With 62 paint colors this paint offers the widest variety of hues to choose from!
- The spray any way capabilities mean it can be sprayed from any angle, and the spray paint can features a big button spray tip.
- It can be used as a plastic spray paint, wood spray paint, metal spray paint, and much more.
- It offers maximum rust protection, dries to the touch in 20 minutes or less, and is dry to handle in 1 hour.
- Applying outside the recommended temperature range may impact the finish.
- The color may not be exactly as expected.
- It is more expensive than other spray paints.
- Coverage isn’t very good. Not recommended for large surface area.
- Toxic so needs to be used outside
I recently used Krylon Fusion All-In-One Spray Paint to give new life to an old metal chair in my backyard. I used a dark brown color that offered a modern, sleek finish to the chair and the spray any way capabilities made it easy to reach all the nooks and crannies. The paint adheres well to the metal, and after a year of use, there are no signs of chipping or peeling. This is a high quality spray paint product that will last for years.
Overall, Krylon Fusion All-In-One Spray Paint is a reliable and versatile spray paint that can be used for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor projects. While it may be more expensive than other spray paints, the quality and durability make it worth the investment.
Amy Howard Home paints are known as some of the premier furniture paints on the market. If you are looking for a great furniture paint with a One-Step Application look no further. Forget stripping, sanding, or priming. This all in one paint does the work for you, giving you the clean, crisp finish you want without the extra elbow grease.
- Fully water-based formula is completely VOC-free
- Great on Wood, glass, fabric, resin, melamine, Formica, concrete, iron, and stone plus it’s durable enough for outdoor furniture and décor
- Available in dozens of colors
- While this is a “one-step” paint that provides superior coverage, using a lighter color when painting furniture that has dark tannins or bright colors could take 2-3 coats
While I haven’t ever used their “one step” paint, I’ve used a handful of other Amy Howard products like their liming wax and I’ve been very pleased.
One big plus about this paint compared to the other is that it is completely VOC free so it’s safe to use in your house.
All in One Paint FAQ’s
Here are some frequently asked questions about All in One paint:
- What types of surfaces can All in One paint be used on? All in One paint can be used on a variety of surfaces, including wood, metal, plastic, and more. Make sure to check the label to ensure that the paint is suitable for the surface you are painting.
- How do I prepare the surface before painting with All in One paint? Before painting with All in One paint, it is important to clean the surface thoroughly to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants. Because all in one paints already have a primer in the formula, most of the time the surface doesn’t need to be sanded before application. That being said, every now and then you will have a super slick and smooth surface that might need a light sand with a fine grit sandpaper before applying the paint product.
- Can I use All in One paint on outdoor surfaces? Some All in One paints can be used on outdoor surfaces, just make sure to read the label and choose a paint that is specifically designed for outdoor use. Krylon All in One Spray paint is a great paint product that can be used for outdoor surfaces.
- How many coats of All in One paint do I need to apply? All in One paint are designed to provide good coverage with just one or two coats. However, the number of coats required may vary depending on the color and condition of the surface being painted.
- How long does it take for All in One paints to dry? The drying time for All in One paint can vary depending on the temperature and humidity of the environment. Make sure to reference the label for drying time.
- Can I use All in One paint on furniture? Yes, All in One paint can be used on furniture. It is a popular paint for refinishing and updating old furniture and especially cabinets.
- Can I use All in One paint on kitchen cabinets? Yes, All in One paint can be used on kitchen cabinets. It is a great way to update the look of your cabinets without the need for extensive sanding and priming. A popular All in One Cabinet paint is Heirloom Traditions All in One Paint.
- Can I use All in One paint for a bathroom? Yes, most All in One paint can be used in a bathroom because most of the products have a built in sealer to protect against moisture. Of course, not every All in One might be suitable for wet areas, so make sure to refer to the label and instructions first.
I hope this review has helped you choose a great All in One paint. As always, thanks for stopping by.