How do you display your Christmas Holiday cards? If you’re like me you paste them to the fridge until there isn’t enough room on the fridge anymore, so they end up in a drawer somewhere. Can I be honest? I’m not really a fan of hanging anything on my fridge, but every year I do somehow decide to paste Christmas cards all over it. Why can’t I figure out a better way to display friends and family? This year I decided it was time to make my own Christmas Holiday card holder with a frame.
I love Christmas decor and the feeling it gives you when your house is all decked out for the holidays.
I don’t love when my house feels “cluttered” with stuff, and that’s how I felt in my kitchen when I had Christmas cards all over the fridge and countertops.
I decided this year would be different and I would find a way to display the holiday cards in a creative and pretty manner like a frame.
This is a very simple project that probably doesn’t require you to purchase anything (most of you will have all the items on hand).
Disclosure; this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of these links I will receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Materials to make a Christmas holiday card holder with a frame:
- Large picture frame of your choice
- Floral wire or yarn or ribbon
- clothes pins (you can buy decorative clothes pins or make your own)
- hot glue gun – I recommend hot glue because it’s easy to peel off when you’re done with the holiday card frame.
- any decorative items that you want to use to “embellish” the frame with.
Video of how to create your own Holiday card holder;
Let me show you how to make a DIY Holiday Card Frame;
- First, find a frame. Most people have an old frame (or picture in storage) that they aren’t using.
- Gather the supplies as listed above
Use the hot glue gun and hot glue rows of yarn or wire to the frame
- Add your decorative items if desired
- Use the clothes pins to attach the pictures and cards
And that’s it!
Anyone can create something simple like this DIY Christmas holiday card frame!
I’m off to find more ways organize, repurpose, and upcycle my clutter….errr Christmas Decor.
If you want a few more ideas, I’ve shared a bunch on my round up post on how to hang your Christmas cards.