My son recently started collecting Pokemon. I would say he loves the game, but I don’t think he knows how to play or has even tried to. Does anyone really play Pokemon?
It seems that Pokemon is not a game at all, but a way to collect and trade cards. It’s like a modern day baseball card collection.
He asks me daily to help him organize them. After a senseless meltdown (from my son, not me) about not being able to find a really important GX (priorities right?), I decided it was time to take matters into my own DIY hands. “Good thing mommy likes to organize and create, right?”
I have come up with a fun solution for our own DIY Pokemon storage box.
Let me show you what his OLD Pokemon storage method looked like.
Mommas, tell me if you can relate to any of these?
The first two pictures are typically how you would find my son’s Pokemon displayed; all over the floor or stacked in tin boxes.
The last picture was my attempt to try to “display” the Pokemon cards in an old spice rack. Unfortunately, my son decided he didn’t like it.
That’s when I decided I would find a way to store his Pokemon cards in one place.
Here is the main item I found to organize my son’s Pokemon cards.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of these links I will receive a small commission, but rest assured you won’t pay anymore for the product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
I also purchased a set of large craft sticks that you can find HERE.
Supplies for the DIY Pokemon Storage Box:
How to create a DIY Pokemon Storage Box;
- Add the dividers to the storage boxes. Use a Pokemon card to decide where to hot glue each one.
- Once you have added all the dividers, grab your craft sticks and we are going to attach them to the bottom of the box and the back.
- Hot glue at least three sticks attaching the bottom of both of the boxes. I added one in the middle too.
- I added two sticks to the back for extra support
- Add your Pokemon cards to the box and enjoy an organized Pokemon set!
This DIY Pokemon storage box has been such a lifesaver!
Video on how to create your own Pokemon Storage box;
Did y’all like this post? You might enjoy the one below too all about a DIY lego and craft table.
Thanks for stopping by friends!