Are you looking for a table with an “industrial and minimal” look? Or maybe you are looking for a really easy way to create your own DIY table. This is definitely the easiest DIY furniture piece I’ve ever created. I love the look the hairpin table legs give my new desk. I can’t wait to share how easy the DIY hairpin leg desk and my new office space was to create. Seriously, anyone can make this!
I’ve always wanted my own dedicated “office space.” Rather than hanging out and blogging on the kitchen bar or the dining room table, I wanted my own DIY office table.
I also wanted my new DIY office table to have an industrial and minimal feel to it.
I can’t weld or bend metal, so I was pumped when I figured out how easy it was to create this DIY table with hairpin table legs.
Disclosure; this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect the price you pay. This disclosure statement refers to the rest of the Amazon links in this post. See more on my disclosure page.
The hairpin legs were super affordable and easy to install.
Materials for your DIY hairpin leg table
- Hairpin legs– the legs come in all sizes. I’ve chosen 28″ because that is a good height for a table.
- Wood slab
- Wood screws
For the wood slab, I had a wood table top that was previously used for THIS table. Do you remember my very controversial casket carrier turned table? Here’s a picture below of what it used to look like.
As much as my husband was thrilled with this table (NOT), he asked me to please refrain from bringing it in our new home when we moved. I can’t imagine why 🙂
The dimensions of the old table top were a little big for the size I wanted my DIY office desk to be. We used a radial saw and ripped the wood slab to make it 22″ deep. We kept the length at 6′.
How to install the hairpin legs on my new office table.
This was the easy part.
- All I did was flip the wood slab on its top and position the 4 hairpin legs where I wanted them.
- All it took was a few screws and now I had a fully functional and industrial style office table.
Ready to see my new DIY hairpin leg table?
I love how sleek this space looks. This office table is functional without being overly bulky.
- Hairpin legs- the legs come in all sizes. I've chosen 28" because that is a good height for a table.
- Wood slab
- Wood screws
- Cut or purchase a wood slab for the top of your table
- flip the wood slab on its top and position the 4 hairpin legs where you want them
- Use your drill and the wood screws to attach the hairpin legs to the table top
- Flip it over and now you have a DIY hairpin leg table!
Thanks to these awesome hairpin legs, I completed this office space with minimal to no effort!
SHOP THE POST:
CHAIR– I spray painted the legs gold
ALL WALL DECOR CAME FROM Target Dollar Spot– unfortunately, it’s hit or miss to find these items.
If you are wondering about the lovely DIY Shiplap, it’s actually my own SHARPIE SHIPLAP!
Did you see my easy filing cabinet makeover?
That’s about all for todays DIY’s. I’m almost done with the dresser makeovers in our bedroom, so stay tuned!